Monday, September 26, 2011

Elder Matthew Whittle-- Sept. 26, 2011

Hola mi madre Bonita!

todo bien! I got your letter. Thanks. My letter got demolished eh? that's interesting. Did you ever end up getting my plastic knife I put in it? haha I hope so. mui comico. Prison break haha good analogy. Ya I read Elder Terry's email. I hope he's doing ok too. I'll keep him in my prayers. That is one of the funniest things I've ever heard Braxton say. I can't wait to here more stories about that stud. Thanks for sending me so many packages. I love them. They make my days. I probably don't need more food though for the rest of my life haha. And don't worry the spongebob shirt has been worn quite often with confidence. I can't wait to hear from the General athourities of the church this weekend. I love listening to them. They have such a strong testimony, and it strengthens mine when I get to listen to them. I've learned so much about the Gospel, and my Savior while I've been here. I now know the meaning of "feasting upon the words of Christ" I love it! It's better than thanksgiving dinner haha. I take notes at devotionals, and study like a mad man now and I wish I would have been doing this more before my mission.

Elder Ballard told us here at the MTC two weeks ago. If you are having a hard time in life, or are depressed get a small picture of the Savior and carry it with you everywhere you go. When it get's hard or you're feeling depressed take a minute to think about it and realize that Christ understands how we are feeling. We have to be willing to do hard things because Jesus Christ has done harder. So I think I agree with you on that.

It's so weird that I'm on week seven in the MTC already. Time is flying by, which is a good thing in a way haha. I love the spirit here but after a while it get's old role playing. It makes you want to get out and do it for real. I can't wait! . I can't wait for Garret to get his mission call. I'm so proud of him. He's going to be able to help so many people. He will be able to relate to a lot of great trials, and be able to help people overcome them. Tell trudy I love him please. Also tell TJ and Cho the same thing please. Thanks mom. I hope everything is still on for the wedding;) haha Chiste. I bet it's going just great. Tell Meg and Jordan that I love them, and buenos suerte haha

So the other day my companion and I did our first lesson for new investigadors. It was really neat experience because we were going to teach them about the restoration, but when we started teaching we both had the feeling that we needed to talk more about the Holy Ghost and how to recieve answers. As we did this we talked about how the Spirit answers us, and the feelings we get from the spirit. (All in Espanol of course) We then talked about how we could recieve answers about the Book of Mormon. The spirit came very very strong, and my companion and I both had the feeling that we needed to challenge them to Baptism. It was so awesome. We challenged them and they accepted immediately. We also challenged them to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it was the word of God. I think that's the strongest I've felt the spirit during role playing. It's hard to feel it when you know it's fake, but that time it was almost real. I can't wait to have those experiences out in the field.

Well I hope you have a great week! "The choice is yours";) I like that quote by the way. Tell everyone at home I love them and pray for them everyday. Thanks for being the greatest mom in the world. I love you and miss you too! Vaya con Dios!

Love Elder Whittle

No comments:

Post a Comment