Monday, July 16, 2012

Elder Devin Oviatt-- July 16, 2012

Hey fam,
Hows utah doing? Are the fires still going? This week was really good! We had a zone conference on Friday in crawley. We finally met with the new Mission President. He seems like a really nice guy. Who use to be a heart surgeon. He served his mission in Australia and Bruce R Mcconkie was his Mission President. He is different from President Shamo but in a good way. Some small thinngs have changed but nothing that big yet.  
   Our ward (Catford) had a variety night/ Talent night! It was super funny! The bishoprich did a liup sinc to the 3 amigos where they sing my little butter cup. That was really funny. But I was really impressed with some of the talents. We we're able to bring some of our investigators. We have been visiting this family. We call them our long term invesitagotrs that dont know it yet. haha They are really nice but they are really active in there church. We try intiveing them to the talent night but they already had plans. oh well. I've had to start signing nearly every sunday. So I just accepted it so Im learning BSL kinda. During church I sit with them and help them translate for a member name Sam. He know a little bit of ASL and BSL. So I'll sometimes interpret for him. They're are two other deaf members but they only know BSL. Its funny because Im interpetting for Sam I'm starting to mix Asl and Bsl. I'm getting really good at finger spelling though in bsl. Grandma and Granpa are going to be so mad when I come back and only know BSL. hahahaha. 
      Oh yea I dont think Iv'e told you but we see foxes a lot here in London. Iv'e never seen a fox before but here I see a couple a week espescially while tracting. I'll try and include a picture of one we saw yesterday while knocking a street. haha so One of Elder Manga's friends sent him a package that had a game of angry birds. It was a lot harder than we thought it was going to be. It made me wonder what seku and kylie's nights are like when they get home. For P-day we are going to the O2 arena with the Zone. Thats whats nice about the Wandsworth zone. Its so small that it's really easy for the whole zone to get together and play football or whatever. 
    Yep well thats all for now,
Remember always that if the shoe were on the other foot you would walk away awkwardly. 
With love Elder Oviatt!


--
"Spiritually Minded Is Life Eternal"

No comments:

Post a Comment