Monday, November 26, 2012

Elder Corbin Moore-- November 26, 2012

Subject: Nothing Like a Good Ol' Thanksgiving Dinner

Gobble, Gobble, oh wait thanksgiving is finally over, now its time for the best part of the year. Yes as you may have guessed I do love the Christmas season, but let me give you a re-cap of the week of Thanksgiving. Well the week started off with a good meeting with the leadership of our zone. We got together to discuss the successes of our zone and to see what goals we could set for the month of December to help us be better missionaries. So that went really well, we were able to generate a lot of ideas, and we will be meeting this tomorrow to finalize the zone goal of December. Tuesday night we were able to go and have dinner with a less active family and to show them the new mormon.org/christmas website. Unfortunately they didn't have it in Spanish so we just watched the video and other things in English. All in all I hope that it was a good experience for them and that they were able to feel the christmas spirit. After that we passed by a members home, and as we were walking to the door, I almost walked right into a spider. Elder Garrett walked just to the left of the spiders web, and I was walking right next to him. But as I started getting closer, I saw something floating in the air. Then I realized that it was a huge spider. I took some photos of it so you will be able to see it.
So for Thanksgiving, we ate in the house of our Bishop. When I say we I mean, Elder Garrett and I, and the other two elders in the ward, Elder Thurgood, and Elder Petrie. Our Bishop is a white man that served in Argentina, where he met his wife, I thought that was interesting seeming how my brother did the same. And so Sister Ma made all the food, and it was so good. We had turkey, obviously, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, yams, macaroni casserole, finnel, and amazing pie. Basically it was like I was eating American food, but with a different family. I was a good thanksgiving dinner, and then after we went over to other home to pick up some food, that another member had made for us. It was a good thanksgiving, just without the board games, and family.
We were able to see M. and E. this week, and then they cancelled the appointment on saturday, kinda a bummer, but M. came to church yesterday which was great. She really enjoyed it, and said that next week her mom is going to come as well. I will be good. We were able to set baptismal dates with them for the 23rd of December, so they are excited about that. Also I talked with Elder Hardman and he said that the M. family is getting baptized on the 9th of December, so I will hopefully be able to make it down there for that.
Well it sounds like Thanksgiving was wonderful for all of you. Are you all getting ready for Christmas, and the spirit of the season. Remember not to get too caught up in the material aspect of things. Brayden congrats on the baby stuff, I'm sure it will all be great. Hope that everyone is having a great time, and enjoying life. Thanks to all who have been writing me emails every week, Oma and Opa, my wonderful parents. Hope to hear from you all soon.
Con Amor
Elder Moore
Everything.Happens.For.A.Reason
There.Is.No.Such.Thing.As.Coincidence

No comments:

Post a Comment