Sunday, August 5, 2012

Elder Matthew Whittle-- August 3, 2012

Well transfers are coming up soon. I can't believe I've been here in Del Mar for 6 months already. Time flies by super fast out here. The days just blurr together. Next tuesday are transfers. I think I'll probably be getting transferred, but you never know with Pres. Cook. I'll know by this saturday wether or not I'm getting transferred. It's really hard to leave an area. I don't like it at all. I feel like I'm leaving my family all over again. Remember the family sanchez? J and M? They're the ones I was talking about a little while back. Well they're probably going to be coming up to Utah in December this year. I told them that if they wanted to they could stay at our house. Hope that's ok:) They would only be there for a couple of days. They might just stop by and visit though instead.They're such great people. J. is a member, but her husband M. isn't yet. He's had a pretty rough past, but we're really good friends! He wants to come to Utah with me after and go camping up in the mountains, and hunting. Dad and him would get along really well. If they came by in December that would be a great opportunity for some missionary work:) and for dad to brush up on his spanish;) It's pretty good though. And we've been teaching english classes in the church each week, and Juana comes, and she speaks it pretty well now so mom won't have to learn spanish or anything;) haha. They're awesome. They have a son on a mission right now in Nicaragua.
 
 
Things have been going great recently. We've set a couple more baptismal dates, and found a lot of new people to teach. It's been really neat. It's really neat how when you work hard through the hard times the blessings start to pour out. I've definitely seen that on my mission. There have been times when you talk all day long to people and all you get back are no's, but if you just keep working hard the Lord see's that and he blesses you. You recieve no witness (blessings) until after the trial of your faith.
So last night we did a family night with the family sanchez and the family tadeo. We met the the house of the family sanchez and we had some carne asada y pollo con tortillas, salsa, aros, nopales, cevolla, enselada y jugo de sandilla mmmmhhhhhmmmmmm. estuvo muy rica! Then we played a game after. Remember the game helicopter? The one where you have a blindfold and a board and the person has to stand on the board blindfolded and then you pretend to raise the person up and then they fall. We did it to H.T. It was hillarious to see him and then we talked about the gospel and how in 3 nefi 27 Christ talks about the Gospel and how he says in .... I want to say like verse 31.. Christ says that which ye have seen me do that shall ye do also. He actually uses the word do 5 times in that verse meaning that the Gospel is what we do to follow Jesus Christ. It was probably one of the best Family Nights I've ever had.
 
Tell Josh Hola and that I'll be back in one year and then we'll basically just rock up missionary work together wherever we decide to go! We'll just teach everyone the gospel and give out Book of Mormons everywhere! It'll be awesome! There's definitely a reason behind Josh's sickness. The Lord know's what he's doing. Trust in the Lord in all thy doings and lean not unto thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths for good. I know that as Josh just keeps going, and stays strong in living the Gospel that the Lord will direct Josh to do what he should be doing. Tell Josh I love him, and I'm praying for him......... and that he's a stud!
 
Well the church is true! Love you all Que Tengan muy buena semana eh!
Con Amor,
Elder Witle

No comments:

Post a Comment