Monday, January 23, 2012

Sister Alex Hartvigsen--January 23, 2012

Dear Family, I hope that you all had a wonderful week. Things here have been really good. We had a really good lesson with a women. She was a referral from the Visitor's Center and when we went to visit her we realized that we had contacted into her husband about a week before and he had said that we could stop by. She is having some family struggles right now and we talked about how the gospel blesses our families. She said that we could come back on Friday or Saturday so we could meet with both her and her husband ( they work conflicting shifts) We are planning on stopping by this week. On Friday we had a meeting with our branch president and he gave us several families that he would like us to go and visit and we are excited to do that. We had a lesson with a women and talked to her about the hope that the gospel brings into our lives even when we are having challenges within our families. We have also tried really hard this week by looking for ways that we can build trust with the members through service. This has involved everything from helping to put away christmas trees and decorations to SIster S. giving a dog a bath and a haircut.

On Saturday I recieved news that I am being tranferred. I am going to a Spanish branch named Escondido. It is in Mesa. I am excited because in addition to working in the Spanish branch I am also going to be working in a Young Single Adult ward. My companion is Sister S. from France. I know her from the VIsitor's Center and she is a lot of fun. I am also not going to be working in the Visitors Center for this coming transfer. We have the potential to do some tranfers full field ( not working in the Visitors Center every day) I loved being full field the last time I did it because we have a lot more time in our area and it is easier to get to know the ward and the area. I think this will probably be my last opportunity for this because next transfer is the Easter Pageant and all of us are in the Visitors center then and then after that is my last transfer. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I love you all. Have a great week
Love Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment