Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Elder Matthew Whittle-- January 3, 2011

Que Honda?

Que Dicen sobre la buena vida? That's ok that you forgot to email, I understand;) haha no se preocupen. We had a good new years. We went back to the apartment and did weekly planning which took about 3 hours, and then we had some IBC root beers, and ya. It was good:) I'll pray for Tiger. Sounds like he's not doin so good right now. I'll try to get a letter to Garret too. There's a cool saying that I like that says, you can measure the strength of an individual by the size of the problem/trial it takes to bring them down. I know Garret's strong enough to push through it, and make it. I will definitely keep him in my prayers as well.

I don't think I'll be a trainer yet. President told me in interviews that he already knows who my companion is going to be. So we'll see how that goes, but I'll keep an eye out for him too. I get my new companion next tuesday. I can't wait. It's been so hard to keep my area staying strong by myself, especially when I live 15 minutes away from it, but I've been able to do it. I go on a lot of splits with members so I can be in my area while the other elders are in there's.

It was funny what happened once with Elder Kidd and I. We were talking to a group of teenage girls about the gospel one night in the street, and Elder Kidd asked them if they would be interested in learning. Then one of the girls just randomly blurted out you have really attractive eyes to me. Then Elder Kidd jumped in and said that's not what I asked you. haha It was so funny. She got quiet and then said ya I don't think were interested. You have to "watch out for the little honeys;)" -Dad-

I hope Cho's mom is doing good. I pray for her a lot. I hope she can understand everything and feel the spirit. I can't wait for Josh to get out here. It was sooooo good to talk to him on the phone. Still the same good ol Josh. I hope he comes to Carlsbad with me. That would be so cool. It was good to hear Cho too. Sounds like he's doing good. He's so funny. I'm pretty sure he said What's up fool when he got on the phone like he always says haha. He's a stud.

Sounds like Brandonian is a little spoiled;) haha no he deserves it. He's a hard worker. Sounds like Megans doing good other than the Cat situation, and Bridge and Jeff sound great as well. So dad is actually working on the basement. That's kind of exciting. Tell him to not forget to make a theater room down there some day:)

Well things are great here in Oceanside, I'm teaching a lot of people, and there progressing. I know this is the work of the Lord, and that he blesses us when we try to be exactly obedient to the commandments. God loves all of us. We are all his children, and he wants to talk to us. Keep being the great family you are. Love you all.

Con Amor
-Elder Whittle

No comments:

Post a Comment