Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Elder Matthew Whittle-- November 29, 2011

Que honda?
comemos pabo y spagetti tambien, pero no celebramos el dia de accion de gracias. solamente comemos por una hora y despues regresemos a la obra. Fue un buen dia. Como estan ustedes? Estoy feliz, y bien! Sounds like you all had a great Thanksgiving. I'm so excited for Cho and his mom. I will write a letter today. I actually have a little extra time today because it's transfers today so we wont go shopping until tomorrow. My companion and I are staying here still of course, but he actually leaves in 3 weeks back home, so I don't know how that will work because transfers are every six weeks.

Tell Elder Terry that he's going insane and he has to snap out of it haha. I love him to death, and yes we are brothers. We will definitely hang out when we get back. Tell him to keep having a positive attitude, and don't let Satan get in his head and discourage him. It's all going to work out.

Jim and the guys at work are awesome. When you see Aaron next time you should tell him that I said hi, and also to tell Jim and Chris hi for me when he gets a chance.

O ya I almost forgot haha. I have a crazy funny story to tell you. The other day we were in Central and we had just gotten out of the car. My companion was getting stuff out of the back seat, and I was waiting for him. I saw a car passing by up the street. The guy was going really slow, and staring at us. Finally he turned around and started driving towards us. He stopped and asked if I was Elder ....... (don't remember what the name was) but I said no, and then he asked what are we studying. (by the way this was a guy that was in kind of an old style gangster looking car, He had the beard and everything going) I told him we are studying about Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon. That's when it got crazy. He just started going off. I don't think I've ever heard anymore swear words used in my entire life. He just all of the sudden blew up. haha every other word was the f word or something else.

After he got done with his "spill" He said in a demanding tone, "you understand me?" I obviously couldn't understand with all the vulgar language so I just smiled at him and said, "nope, but is there anything we can do to help you?" haha, then he said, "O you a smart ..." and then he just kept going for a minute. (Couldn't understand him again) When he stopped I just said, "ok sir you have a nice day" then I recieved another ".... you" and he sped off. Haha it was so funny/ridiculos. I don't understand some people, but I guess he got his chance to hear the gospel. We always like to joke about saying to people like that as their walking/driving away. See you at the judgement bar haha. I love it out here. A lot of fun experiences, and miracles ofcourse.

Well I hope everything is going well at home. For the package I would love food of course. I haven't really gotten any fatter, but I've gained probably ten pounds since I left. We excersise in the morning, and walk and bike half the week so it's the good kind of weight haha.Keep up the good work. Remember every soul is great in the sight of God. Talk to everyone! I love you all.

Con amor,
Elder Whittle

No comments:

Post a Comment