Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sister Alex Hartvigsen-- November 29, 2011

Hi Everyone, I hope that you all had a wonderful Dia de Accion de Gracias. (Thanksgiving) I know that I did. On Wednesday I was with English Sisters in their area because Sister Nishiguchi was on exchanges. We were able to talk to many different people as we walked around. Sometimes we would even be driving and if we saw people we would park the car and jump out and talk to them. It was fun. We talked to a member that way and somehow we got on the subject of poaching in other peoples area which just means when you teach someone that other missionaries should be teaching ( like English missionaries teaching in spanish and using and Interpretor rather than letting the Spanish missionaries teach.) This member said that it was a big problem in his area because all the Spanish Hermosas would always take it. It made me laugh because he mixed up Hermosa ( Beautiful) for Hermana ( Sister) I am a Spanish Beautiful and thats the way that I like it. haha... towards the end of the day we stopped to talk to a couple teenagers who were sitting on the street corner. On of them, mentioned that he is Peruvian and said that we could come over and talk to his family. We went by their house later in the week but they weren't home. We are going to pass by again. On Saturday Sister Nishiguchi and I were in a part of our area where we normally don't go. As we turned on down a street we saw a group of people outside of their apartment. We went over and started to talk to them and explain who we are. One of the ladies had known some members back in Nevada who had invited her to come to church but she couldn't go because it was all in English. We told them about our ward and invited them to come. We also set up an appointment to come back and teach them. When we went by on Sun night we taught about the restoration and the Spirit was very strong as we taught about the First Vision. It was a really cool experience and I feel like we were definately led to these people. There are 3 families there that share 2 apartments next door to each other. We are really excited to teach them again this week. I was in the VC on Sun getting ready to leave when a women in SPanish asked me to do the Christus Narration for her ( the words that are played in front of the statue of Christ) I played if for her and bore my testimony that I knw that she was loved by Jesus Christ. I then asked her if I could do anything else for her. She then told me that she wanted to learn more about the Bible and the purpose of life. That wasn't exactly what I was expecting but I was really excited to be able to help her get in contact with the missionaries from her area. I was even more excited when I realized that she lives in my old Spanish ward. I am excited to see her progress.
Have a wonderful week
Love Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment