Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Elder Corbin Moore-- November 15, 2011

Well here I am once again writing to my beloved family and friends. I am sorry that I am one day late but I will try and explain why that is. So yesterday we were at the park playing ultimate frisbee just like any other day. I went to go catch the frisbee and slipped and landed on my hand, and felt this pain just shoot into my hand. I stood up and looked at my hand, and my left index finger looked pretty weird. From the joint above my knuckle and up my finger was 45 degrees to the left, and lying underneath my middle finger. I was completely in shock because I had never had something like that happen before. I didn't want to make a scene so I just grabbed my finger and yanked it back into place. I heard a big pop and just continued to play. Well after we were done we went hope and it was hurting a bit. A began to start swelling pretty bad. Which was weird for me because im not one to swell. So I had to call our area medical advisor to see what she thought. She said that she wanted me to go and get X-rays just to make sure it was all good. So she scheduled me an appointment for 3'oclock. Well Elder Boyd had a dental appointment at 2 so we had to figure out how to make that all work out. Luckly we found a member that could sit at elder Boyd's dental appointment for two hours while Elder Conlin and I drove to Downy for my doctors appointment. Turns out that I guess I dislocated my finger, or possibly sub-located it. So the doctor has me taping my two first fingers together (you should see me trying to type on the computer) and im just supposed to watch it. He said that it could stay swollen for up to six months, WOW. But I just have to keep moving it and such. Well that was the interesting part of my week. On the gospel side of things we are still working to find people to teach since we are new to our area. We have had a lot of people who seem interested in the gospel but the thing is that they all speak english and so we have to turn them over to the english elders, so the search is never-ending. We had to move Veronicas baptismal date back because she is not coming to church. Hopefully she will be able to make it this week. We have been teaching a lot of less active families and some part-member families as well. Overall we are just working to find and teach, but I will keep you posted on what happens in this next week.

Well I'd just like to say first HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Brayden, who is in Brasil. Hope you are having a great day and doing well. Sounds like everyone else is having a good time with their lives. A lot of work and a lot of school, for everyone. I would love to hear from everyone. Well I have got to go, hope you have a good week.

Con Amor,
Elder Moore

Everything.Happens.For.A.Reason
There.Is.No.Such.Thing.As.Coincidence

No comments:

Post a Comment