Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Elder Matthew Whittle--November 15, 2011

como estan todos?

I'm doing great right now. I can't believe another week has already flown by. Things are going great in Oceanside. We have a couple baptismal dates set, and we're working hard to help them make it. The hardest things here to get people to do is to stop drinking, and get them to come to church. So many of them have work on Sunday, and can't get it off, or find a new job. It's very difficult, but I know that if they will put their trust in the Lord, he will provide for them.
I don't know if I'll be able to see TJ because we might be having a thanksgiving dinner with a less active family or something, but if they're in oceanside they might see me walking/riding a bike around. I guess they could always call the mission office and see, but I kind of doubt it would be approved.
Maybe a couple more PMG would be good;) haha I was talking with my Zone Leaders when we were on exchanges and they said they want one too, but in english... so maybe two more in english. Thanks mom. I just got your package today but I haven't been able to open it up yet. We're always super busy, and barely have time to even keep our apartment cleaned up.
Hope Elder Terry's doing ok. I'm still praying for him. Maybe he's supposed to come to Carlsbad now;) haha that would be so cool. Tell him I love him, and to stay strong. The Lord knows what he's doing with him. Also tell Garret I'm so happy for him. He's making the best decision right now. He's going to make such an amazing missionary. He'll be able to relate to so many people in Argentina. I'm so excited for him.
We never were able to meet with the seventh day adventist. He never answered us, but maybe we'll see him on the street sometime again. The girl finally moved and got away from her bad family situation, but now she's not answering our calls. Hopefully we'll be able to get ahold of her soon.
The members here are great. They're aren't a lot in the Spanish ward, but it's starting to grow. We are starting to get more and more investigadors to come, and there were three baptisms last weekend in our district. Tell Miles good job for getting his Eagle. That's a big accomplishment.
Well everything is going great here. We have miracles cada dia. mi espanol esta progresando poco a poco tambien. Thanks for everything you do for me. Tell everyone hi and that I love them. Don't just follow Jesus Christ, Walk with him because when we walk with him we become his friend, and only a friend will care enough to save us. When people see you they should see Jesus Christ. Les amo!

Con amor
Elder Whittle

No comments:

Post a Comment