Monday, December 19, 2011

Elder Corbin Moore-- December 19, 2011

Well another week has passed and gone, its so crazy the concept of mission time. The days seem so long, but then you wake up one day and the whole week is already gone. I can't believe that it is already Christmas. I can so clearly remember the day that I got my call, going to the Post Office to pick it up, and then going to the movies to get out of the house. That day seems like yesterday. And then the day that I entered the MTC that was almost 4 months ago. Time is something that you get a pretty solid grasp of in the mission field. Whether it is having enough time the day to do all the things that you need to do, or having a lot of time without any set appointments and just tracting. Knowing that you have more time that you can't see your family, and at the same time knowing that you only have a limited amount of time to bring people the gospel. To be able to give them the oppurtunity to change there lives for the better. It doesn't matter if you are a missionary, a member of the church, or not a member of the church. Time is one of the most precious things that we have. What would we give to have some more time? Where is it that our time is best spent? "The most important work that we will ever do, is within the walls of our own home"- President Ezra Taft Benson, i think. The most important place that we could focus our time is our Families. Building and strengthing relationships within the family, having priceless moments, and having the knowledge that our relationships can be perpetuated beyond this life. Wouldn't you think that something that will be forever, should be something worth spending time on. We don't have time in this life to harbor bad feelings toward one another especially within our families. We don't have time to put of family, for things that "seem" to be more important, because there isn't anything more important. This time of year we have the amazing oppurtunity to be together as families, and to spend time with one other. We should not be getting to caught up in gifts, shopping, and decorations, that we forget that most important things.

This week has been pretty good, this whole week we have been working with Yecenia to get here ready for her baptisms this Sunday, Christmas, and her birthday also. So it will be a very special day for her. We went to the Visitors Center with her and she really enjoyed it, and the spirit was really strong. So I'm really excited for this sunday. Also last night I recieved a call from Elder Conlin, telling me that he had a surprise for me. Griselda from my old area is getting baptized this Thursday. He then continued by saying that he had a bigger surprise for me. That once she had her interview, that the one thing that she wanted to know is if I was going to be coming, and that she wanted me to speak at her baptism. So this week is going to be so busy, with investigators, writing my talk, and planning the baptism for Yecenia.

Well this sunday is Christmas, and I will have the opportunity to call. I will be calling at 7 o'clock my time, which I believe is 8 o'clock your time. I only have 40 minutes to talk so make sure if you have any questions that you are ready with them. Make sure that you answer any calls that come on sunday. I will be calling the home phone, if I don't get through I will just call cell phones so be ready. Im glad to hear Garrett is up and ready to go, and that Josh is getting ready to return. Josh, make sure to let me know where you are going bro. California is wide open if you'd like. jaja. Well I will talk to you all soon enough.

WELCOME HOME BRAYDEN

Con Amor Elder Moore

Everything.Happens.For.A.Reason
There.Is.No.Such.Thing.As.Coincidence

No comments:

Post a Comment