Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Elder Corbin Moore-- September 4, 2012

Subject: Conquer the Bridge

       Greetings from California! Well what a surprise yet again, I had a busy week. It was really good with a lot of activities jam-packed into one small week. We started off the week with some more meetings in our zone, so that we could get our zone goal up and running. I turned out pretty well but had to have another meeting before the end of the week to finalize everything. We also we informed at the beginning of the the week, that our date for President Interviews was moved up. So everyone in the zone had interviews and we had to do all the coordination of getting everyone there on time, at their scheduled time. Overall it was a successful day, that finish off greatly. On Tuesday I was on splits in other area working with one of our District Leaders, it was a really good day. I was able to sit down to a good home cooked meal with them, and while I was there I was talking to one of the in-active daughters who is now and atheist. I was able to bring some really good points with her, and to answer the questions that she had for me. I hope that she can see the blessing of the gospel, and the light that she is missing without it. Then Thursday night rolled around and I was asked if I could give a training in District meeting the following day. Of course I said yes and was able to prepare a good training about setting goals. Hopefully everyone learned something new, because I know I do everytime that I am giving a training. On Friday I was back on splits with other set of elders. I was with one of the new missionaries that just arrived this transfer. He is from New Zealand and is a great missionary. I was so great to see the "Greenie Fire", or so they call it. He was so ready to share the gospel with everyone. We had a really successful day, talked to alot of people and were able to find four new investigators, hopefully we can beginning teaching all of them. We are still looking for new investigators so whoever we can find is wonderful. I was also able to return back to my old area to see A. get baptized. She asked me to speak at her baptism. I was super weird because it was in Spanish, and I haven't spoken Spanish for what seems like forever. It was nice to be able to see her and her two daughters, K and K Who by the way, should be getting baptized soon. We will see what happens.
       Well I had a couple of interesting opportunities this past week. The first happened last Monday after I had written the email and everything. Elder Takogawa and I had the opportunity to go to Vicente Point, which is like this old lighthouse on the cliffs. We took some pictures and really had a blast. Then for one of the nights this week we were able to eat with one of the members that lives basically on the coast. It was so kewl to be able to eat dinner and to see Catalina Island of in the distance through the haze. The other really kewl opportunity that we had was to do a service project this morning. We woke up at 4 20 and headed down to the.....Long Beach Bridge....I think that what the name was. Anyway they were having their annual race on the bridge. So they shut down the bridge from like four in the morning to 11. We were able to work up on the bridge and cheer on all the runners and put down huge mats, on the grates. It was a super good view. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me.
        Well I'm glad to hear that everything is going well back home. I bet the boys are excited to get back to school. I remember when I was in school, and it was summer. August just dragged on and I wanted to go back. Then school would roll around and I would want to have a break again. Well I hope that everything goes well for them. Bernie, good luck with the football stuff. Remember if you want to be the best, you have to think like the best, act like the best, train like the best, practice like the best, play like the best, BE the best. Keep it up. Work hard and it pays off. Thomas Eddison didn't make a light bulb in one try. In fact he failed many, many times. And when he was asked about his failures. He would reply,"I didn't fail, I just learned one more way not to make a lightbulb." When the going gets tough, the tough better get going. Peace out.
 
Con Amor Elder Moore
 
Everything.Happens.For.A.Reason
There.Is.No.Such.Thing.As.Coincidence

No comments:

Post a Comment