Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Elder Corbin Moore-- March 13, 2012

Greetings to all. Well this week has been pretty interesting. So it started out that I was training Elder Howden, and we were working on Monday night. We went to a bunch of Family Home Evenings. We woke up on Tuesday to go to work and while we were out tracting Elder H. said that he wasn't feeling good. So he called the doctor and they told us because of the situation we should just go back to the appartment and let him rest. So we went back to the appartment and then I just studied. We woke up on wednesday morning and the same thing unfortunately happened. So we ended up staying in the appartment the whole day and I just got in many, many hours of great study. Well turns out he wasn't really improving and they weren't really sure what the problem was, so he was honorably released for medical reasons. So Friday in the afternoon I was told to be up at the mission office to receive my new companion. So I made my way up there on the crazy Californian freeways. When I got up there I sat in the mission office and waited for my new companion to arrive. Not to long after that, Elder J and Elder P. walked in with Elder K. President Baker introduced me to Elder K. He is a New missionary he has only been out for one transfer, so I will be finishing his training this transfer. Elder K. is from Cleveland, Ohio, but his parents are from Taiwan. His is a convert to the church ,and has been a member for like two years. He is the only member of his family, and is super strong in the gospel. He found the church through one of his college professors in Ohio. He is super awesome and speaks, a little bit of Chinese, which is pretty kewl, and has super good Spanish for only being out one transfer. So we are doing super well here in Los Angeles. We have been trying to find a lot of new investigators. E. is progressing amazingly and we also have some others who should be getting baptized here shortly. Sorry its a short email but I didn't have a ton of time. Hope that everything is going great for everyone.

Con Amor
Elder Moore

Everything.Happens.For.A.Reason
There.Is.No.Such.Thing.As.Coincidence

No comments:

Post a Comment